Sugar Bowl Resort
Deepest Average Annual Snowfall...
Sitting high atop Donner Summit, Sugar Bowl averages over 500 inches of snowfall each winter. From heart pounding chutes to gentle groomers, and progressive terrain parks to sidecountry pursuits, you'll find plenty of it at Sugar Bowl. And with six quad chairs serving four different peaks, you can pretty much forget about long lines.
Sugar Bowl Resort has been California owned & operated since 1939, serving up some of the finest skiing & riding in the Tahoe region with an unwavering dedication to the guest’s experience. www.sugarbowl.com
Why Sugar Bowl - Royal Gorge?
For passionate skiing families and adventure enthusiasts alike, Sugar Bowl-Royal Gorge offers an extraordinary mountain resort experience with four great mountains, endless cross country trails, a world-class ski team and academy, and a magical snowbound village.
The Mountains Serious Skiers & Riders Love
• Vast & varied terrain across four mountain peaks
• The most snow in Tahoe with an average of 500” every season
• Shortest lift lines and least crowded slopes
• Massive backcountry for skiers & riders alike
• World-class instruction for beginners to experts
North America’s Largest Cross Country Resort
• 200km of groomed trails, seamlessly integrated with the Village at Sugar Bowl
Closest Location and Hassle-Free Access
• At the top of Donner Summit for easy access and free slopeside parking
Home of the West’s Premier Ski Team and Academy
• The award-winning Sugar Bowl Ski Team coaches and trains aspiring athletes while fostering in its members a lifelong love of the outdoors
• America’s only ski-in/ski-out academy, competing at the highest levels while placing student athletes onto the US Ski Team and into the nation’s best universities
America's Only Snowbound Village
• Step into the gondola and leave it all behind, enjoying a scenic ride into a magical, car-free village environment, perfect for kids to roam and parents to relax
By Families, For Families
• California family owned & operated since 1939, Sugar Bowl-Royal Gorge has given generations of families the ideal mountain resort experience
More Than a Resort - a True Community
• A unique snowbound community with a limited number of homes
• A Village Services staff focused solely on the homeowner experience
• Extensive homeowner amenities and a calendar full of homeowner events
• Summertime hiking, biking, swimming, kids camps, lakeside dining and more